August 11, 2013

Back from the Summer

Celebrating the end of the school year!
When I left off with this blog, it was late May and we were starting to wrap things up at school for the summer.  The last month of school became a blur of assessments, meetings, cleaning, packing, and good-byes.  Then once school finally ended, I got a short break (two days!) before starting up Summer School for the next four weeks.  Fortunately, I had an amazing group of third grade mathematicians who made the summer session go very quickly.  In all of that, however, I never got back around to blogging.

Now It's hard for me to believe that I'm about to go into my seventh year of teaching, but here we are, and I'm still loving it.  This summer I've had the opportunity to get more involved with the leadership at my school and work on a number of projects specifically for the first and second grade team.  I've also been developing my own clipart (using the ArtStudio app) and learning more about creating interactive SMART board Notebooks.  Fortunately, I still found time to do some traveling, read a few good books, and attend a number of baseball games.


Summer is coming quickly to end though, I'm participating in a training next week hosted at my school by the Investigations Math curriculum, and then we start our "Week Zero" -- the week before the kiddos come back.  Ahh!  So of course, I'm busy planning my first unit, writing family letters, making labels, and trying to stock the freezer with meals to get us through the first few weeks, when I know I'll be either too busy or tired to cook on most nights.

I'm also looking forward to getting back into the blogging world for this upcoming school year (... and taking advantage of a few more days of reading in the sun and yoga in the park)!

No comments:

Post a Comment