November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Teacher Appreciation

This year I wanted to do something a little special for my co-workers for Thanksgiving.  I'd seen a lot of cute Teacher Appreciation ideas on Pinterest lately, but none of them were quite what I had in mind, so I adapted a few and created my own idea.  I happened to be watching two of my favorite kiddos (the adorable children of one of my colleagues) earlier this week, and they were very eager to participate in my "secret project."

  

After I explained the idea, the kiddos helped me figure out how many treats we would need for the faculty.  They looked at our staff picture to count all the teachers and also figured out who was absent from the picture so we didn't miss anyone.  The Kindergartener was pretty amused at the idea of making one for the principal!

Then the second-grader calculated how many pages of shipping labels (10 per page) and how many Smarties (2 per treat) we would need for 50 gifts. We set up an assembly line to stick the labels on the index cards, trim and hole punch the "gift tags," tie the candies, and cut and curl the ribbon.  I think they turned out really cute and it was a wonderful way to entertain two kiddos for an hour!

Shipping labels on index cards for the tags
Tie the tag to 2 rolls of Smarties 
Made enough for our entire staff!

No comments:

Post a Comment