April 8, 2015

Friends Move On

Our school isn't in a particularly transient area, but we still typically have one or two kids who leave before the end of the school year.  It's always hard to know how to say good-bye and good-luck to these friends mid-year, but this year I created a little "scrapbook" to record memories and wishes.  It was a big hit with all of the kiddos, and a special memento for the family.

A few days before Luca's last day, I sent him to another teacher's room to read while the rest of my class worked on their pages.  The kiddos drew pictures and wrote kind words to remember their friend. I compiled all of the pages and put them together in a report cover.  On Luca's last day, we invited his mom and little sister into class and presented him with our scrapbook.  He was thrilled (and mom cried). We miss them already!


These aren't the best pictures, but you get the idea.  I actually realized that we needed a picture box next to favorite memory so I updated the pages after this.  Download your own FREEBIE copy!


No comments:

Post a Comment