December 10, 2013

Super STARs

I posted about our STAR cards (here) a few weeks ago, but I realized that I hadn't yet posted about what the kiddos have actually been writing!

Here are just a couple examples of the unbelievably adorable things that my kiddos have been writing to each other on their STAR cards.

 

It has been so sweet to watch them notice each other doing kind things around the classroom.

It's also wonderful to see them acknowledge each for working hard.  We've just introduced subtraction problems, so we've been talking a lot about the importance of trying and persevering, even and especially when things are hard.  It's really sweet when the kiddos get recognition for pushing themselves, and as much as I try to be an encouragement, it seems to mean more when it comes from a peer.


Definitely love this new part of our class character program!

No comments:

Post a Comment