October 27, 2012

Guided Reading Video

I love teaching videos!  I really can't get enough.  When I find one I like I typically watch it again and again.  (This summer I motivated myself to get to the gym by only watching teaching videos while on the treadmill or elliptical!)  I recently found this video of a second grade Guided Reading lesson.  I think I've already watched it 3-4 times.


I love the work the teacher is doing with her group! I am going to be introducing inferring to my kiddos in the next week and I think the way that this teacher explains the concept to her readers works so well. I also like the way she pre-Post-its the kiddos' books so they know when to stop and think.  I'm definitely going to be incorporating this strategy into my lessons in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment